Friday, March 15, 2013

Back in Black! ( and white.. )


Yes.. it's been awhile... 20 to 30 + years! They've treated me fairly well.. and you? I've followed my big dreams which have led me across the continents.. and back again.. and now after unearthing hundreds of photos from the old Rock Radio days - boxes of them - I've realized just how special those years were and how important it is to celebrate those remarkable moments in time.. at this particular moment in time.. and to show the love for the colorful cast of characters who made it all so memorable! The world of terrestrial radio professionals, record label reps, indies and consultants, managers and concert promoters.. and the artists themselves.. the rockers who gave us all of that amazing music to work with during such a significant and unparalleled era in rock and roll history.

 Roger Lifeset, Saxon lead singer Biff Byford and Arin Michaels


So stay tuned.. there is PLENTY more to come.. in stories, music and pix.. much like the one above after a 1982 Saxon concert in the hard-rockin town of El Paso, Texas! That's me wearing pie along with purple zebra! First published in Heavy Metal Magazine.. ( photo by the great Andy B.) Singer Biff Byford looks on after indie record promoter Roger Lifeset hurled the first one at me after I unsuspectedly walked through the dressing room door! Trust me.. it got rowdier by the minute..



Saxon - An English heavy metal band formed in 1976. Front runners of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal. They still tour regularly and have sold more than 15 million albums worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment